21 January 2014

Broccoli Parmesan "Meatballs"

Whoa! WHOA. These are so good. In fact, I think they were even better (if that's possible) for leftovers for my lunch today. I served these with spaghetti squash - I mixed in broccoli slaw because I needed to use the broccoli slaw. :) We used our favorite marinara sauce and sprinkled some Parmesan and green onions on top. You can serve them however you like though! Lots of different possibilities! Even as an appetizer with a little marinara or some kind of yummy sauce. 


Before going into the oven.

After:


1/2 c raw almonds
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets & steamed (about 2 c)
1/2 c shredded Parmesan
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten (recipe called for 1, I thought I needed two... but I think I had more than just 2 c of broccoli)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the almonds in a food processor. Process until they're coarsely ground. Put the ground almonds to a medium bowl. Now place the broccoli florets in the food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the chopped broccoli, Parm cheese, and garlic to the almonds and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the egg(s).

Spray a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Form the broccoli mixture into balls, squeezing them a little to make sure they hold their shape, and place each one in its own cup in the muffin tin. I got 22 balls, but I may have had more broccoli than I needed. Bake until meatballs are golden on the outside and heated through, about 30 minutes. I did flip mine after about 20 min. Remove tin from oven and run a butter knife along the edges of each muffin cup to loosen meatballs before gently popping them out. Serve however you'd like!

Original recipe found here - great step by step pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS