11 January 2014

Creamy Taco Soup

This is actually the second time I've made this recipe. The first time was earlier in the school year and Will actually made it for me! I remember being super tired when I got home, and we ate it without ever taking a picture. I had one bowl and Will literally ate the entire rest of the recipe. So, I've finally made it again and I got pictures this time!

Super healthy and only have 275 cal per serving. It's made creamy NOT with heavy cream, but with pureed white beans and Greek yogurt!


3/4 c nonfat Greek yogurt
1 15-oz can 
50% less sodium white beans, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 4-oz can diced green chills
1 15-oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 c reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 c frozen or fresh corn
1 lb chicken breast
2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp dried cilantro


Place 1/2 cup broth and white beans in a blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend again. Pour liquid into slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and cook on Low for 6-7 hours.
Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS