24 July 2013

Zucchini/Squash Oven Chips (Breaded)

I made this recipe for zucchini chips from Cooking Light and they are fabulous!! So crispy! I didn't make the entire recipe because I had these as part of my lunch, but I definitely will next time. And there WILL be a next time, because I've gotta make these for the hubs.. and soon!

Update 7/29/13: I did make these for Will! I used squash and zucchini. Only thing I did differently was add 1 tbsp chili powder to make them a little more spicy.


1/4 c dry breadcrumbs (I used Panko!)
1/4 c (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp seasoned salt (I missed the "seasoned" part of this & used regular salt)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp fat-free milk (of course I used unsweetened almond milk)
2 1/2 c (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Now when I am dipping the zucchini in this crumb mixture, I pour a little into a separate bowl for dipping at a time. This is because the bread crumb mix will get wet and it won't stick as well. So pour a little at a time into another bowl, and then replace it with more when it gets too clumpy.

Ok anyway, then put milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Let cool for a couple minutes and serve!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS