10 July 2013

Baked Sriracha Cream Cheese Wontons

If you really know me, you know I'm obsessed with crab rangoons. Well, I don't deal with crab myself, so cream cheese wontons are the best I can do - and I found these that are made with Sriracha, which Will and I love. I also made this spicy soy dipping sauce that the original recipe had with it. It's really good, but I ate mine without it. Will used the dipping sauce tho!


Sriracha Cream Cheese Wontons (Makes about 25)
1 brick of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (8 oz)
Wonton wrappers
3 tsp chopped chives
5 tsp Sriracha chili sauce (more/less depending on you)
Olive Oil cooking spray

Spicy Soy Dipping Sauce
1/4 c lite soy sauce
2 tbsp stone ground mustard
1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1  1/2 tbsp honey
2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix together your chives, cream cheese, and Sriracha really well. Use about a 1/2 tbsp of the mixture- too much will explode out the side. Make sure to use water to wet the edges of the wonton as you're folding it - it'll glue the sides together really well. When you fold it in half, make sure to push all the air bubbles out.

Spray both sides before baking at 350 degrees for 7-18 minutes. Now, this completely depends on your oven. The original recipe said 7 minutes, but mine took more like 16-17 to get crispy. For the dipping sauce just mix it all together!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS