10 July 2013

Japanese Onion Soup (Hibachi Soup)

YUM! In my opinion, better than the soup at hibachi restaurants! I'd also like to add that I sliced the mushrooms super thin myself...


4 c fat-free chicken broth
2 c water
1 white onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 rib celery, coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
6 white button mushrooms, thinly sliced (I used baby portabellas)
French's fried onions
4 green onions, chopped

In a large saucepan or stockpot, combine the celery, onion, and carrot. Add chicken broth and water - I actually threw a beef bouillon cube in there for fun. Place the pot over high heat, and bring to a rolling boil. When the mixture reaches boiling, reduce heat to medium, and cook for at least 20 min. After it's cooked strain the cooked soup and discard all of the vegetables, leaving the broth. Serve the broth with sliced mushrooms and sprinkle french fried onions & green onions over the top. Delicious!

Original recipes found here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS