08 July 2013

Breakfast Mini Pizzas

I had no idea these would be so good! I mean, this looked good enough for me to want to try it, but I wasn't sure it would be something I would have often. Wrong! I loved these.

I am always looking for healthy, easy, high protein breakfasts under 300 calories - this one comes in at 250 cal! Yay! I'm not someone who can just eat a granola bar for breakfast. Also, I NEVER skip breakfast. I don't feel good and I get irritable (and everyone knows we don't need that).

This is definitely something I would be able to make during the school year too. Give it a try before you judge!





1 egg (70 cal)
1 egg white (3 tbsp Egg Beater's Egg Whites - 25 cal)
1 English muffin (Thomas' Light Multi-Grain - 100 cal)
2 tbsp marinara sauce (15 cal)
2 tbsp part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese (40 cal)
Sometimes I stir a few green onions into my eggs

Cut the English muffin in half (if it's not already) and toast in toaster oven on the light cycle. Scramble your eggs, being sure to add some salt/pepper. After muffins are done, spread 1 tbsp of marinara on each half. Top with scrambled eggs, then sprinkle 1 tbsp of mozzarella on each half. I did put mine back in the toaster oven for a couple minutes to get the cheese melted and brown. :)

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS