02 January 2013

Cheesy Vegetable Soup

I took down our Christmas decorations outside today (not the ones on the roof, don't worry). It was freezing! I looked forward to making this all day while out in the cold. AND it's a Weight Watchers recipe! I did add a little extra cheese however. I actually saw variations of this on several websites and picked out what I liked about each one. Below is what I came up with!

Oh, I also made my honey beer bread to go with this. It was AMAZING.


42 oz fat-free chicken broth (1 big carton, and 10 oz of another)
1 large onion, diced
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 bag matchstick carrots, pureed (I just prefered them smaller and less stick-like)
2 (12 oz) bags frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans Rotel
12 oz red-fat Velveeta, cubed
4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, cubed
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp cornstarch (to thicken if needed)

Seriously, this combination of ingredients was heavenly.

In large soup pot, saute onion & garlic over med-high heat about 3-4 min. Add carrots, frozen broccoli, and cans of Rotel. Pour chicken broth over veggies, add spices, and bring to a boil. Simmer about 20 minutes, then add cubed Velveeta and cream cheese. Stir well - I added about 2 tsp cornstarch to thicken it just a little bit. Serve hot and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS