29 July 2013

Orzo and Feta Stuffed Peppers

Ahhhh! We loved these. I love orzo, I love feta. It was fabulous. Also, TWO pepper halves only have 267 calories. Which I thought was pretty great. The original recipe called for some arugula... but I didn't like that (reminds me too much of spinach) so I used green onions instead. Feel free to do whatever. These are very easy! Yum, yum.


1 c dry orzo  (whole wheat)
3 c baby arugula (I used 4 green onions, sliced)
1/4 c crumbled fat free feta cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
4 small bell peppers, halved and seeded


Preheat oven to 400°. Cook orzo according to package directions in salted water; drain. Return to pot. Add arugula (green onions!), feta, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper; stir.

Season inside of peppers with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fill peppers; transfer to a 9-x13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil; bake until peppers are tender (35-40 minutes).

Original recipe found here.

Dinner tonight: Orzo & Feta Stuffed Peppers and Zucchini/Squash Oven Chips. Mmmm.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS