01 April 2015

Honey Mustard Chicken

This chicken is so yummy! I usually don't post regular chicken breast recipes, but the sauce for this is so good I have to! Yum and yum.

The site with the original recipe grills the chicken. But our grill was out of propane. It also has some really pretty pictures too.


4 chicken breasts
1/2 c whole grain mustard (I used this)
1/2 c honey
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Reserve about 1/4 c of marinade. Then marinade the chicken in a bag or bowl with the remaining marinade for at least 45 minutes.

If grilling: Preheat the grill on medium- medium high heat, grill chicken for about 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is done.

Like I said, I didn't grill... I seared it in a pan with olive oil spray on both sides, then baked it in the oven until finished.

Pour the reserved 4 tablespoons of honey-mustard sauce over chicken and let rest under foil for about 5 minutes.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS