26 June 2012

Laughing Cow Cheese Chicken Roll-Ups

Oh man. This is unbelievably easy and delicious. We were both blown away. I expected the Laughing Cow cheese to bubble out, but it didn't. It was so creamy and I just can't say enough good things. I used the Garlic & Herb cheese on 3 of them, but I only had 3 of those cheese wedges. So I did the last one with Queso Fresco and Chipotle. Both flavors were amazing and I'm pretty sure any flavor you use will be awesome.

I cut down on time by buying the thinly-sliced chicken, so I didn't have to cut and pound the chicken into 1/4 inch thickness. The original recipe called for seasoned bread crumbs only, but I had Panko as well (and I like how it's so crispy), so I did a mixture of both and it turned out nice and crispy.

 Can you see the spiral of cheese in the chicken? YUM!

4 pieces thinly sliced chicken breasts
4 wedges Laughing Cow cheese (any flavor!)
olive oil cooking spray
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c Panko bread crumbs
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay each chicken breast flat. Spread 1 wedge of cheese evenly over one side of each piece of chicken. Roll them up and seal each with toothpicks.

Mix together the bread crumbs, parsley flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Spray the chicken rolls with cooking spray and dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks and serve!


 Original recipe found here.

2 comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS