02 April 2015

Crispy Mediterranean Veggie Cakes

This recipe comes to you from SkinnyMs. I don't think it's a secret - I love fritters. When I saw these new and different veggie fritters, I knew I'd have to try them. I love the flavors... especially the kalamata olives!




2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 c baby spinach
1 medium potato, grated
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 c chopped sun dried tomatoes
1/4 c chopped Kalamata olives
1/4 c chopped artichoke hearts
1/4 c diced red bell pepper
1/4 c diced yellow bell pepper
1/3 fat-free feta cheese
2 eggs

1/4 c whole wheat flour
salt and pepper, to taste


Heat half the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, and cook for one additional minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Turn off heat and transfer to a large bowl.

Add the potato, oregano, tomatoes, olives, artichokes, and peppers to the medium mixing bowl and stir. Add the eggs and flour, and season with salt and pepper.

Form the mixture into patties. 
Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet and cook the cakes until crispy and browned on both sides. I topped mine with light sour cream!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS