17 October 2013

Baked Cauli-tots

Another awesome way to use cauliflower!!! These are great. We decided they are almost like a mix of tater tots and cornbread. The original recipe serves them with ketchup, but I ate mine plain! I didn't think they needed anything with the cheddar cheese in there. Oh, I had to buy a mini muffin pan to make these - worth it!


3 c (about half of a head) shredded cauliflower
4 oz (about 1 c) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used light sharp cheddar)
1 egg
¼ c cornmeal
1 tsp salt
a few grinds black pepper
½ tsp ground mustard


I shredded my cauliflower in my Ninja. Use a food processor or something like that. You shred it raw. 

Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or coking spray. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I used a fork. Using a spoon, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Original recipe found here.


1 comment:

  1. I just finished making these, but I added 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup bacon chopped very fine, 6 green onions chopped very fine and (1) additional egg. I did not add salt until I pulled them out of the oven and then I sprinkled them with medium coarse sea salt. I also extended the cook time to 24 minutes - will probably up it to 26-28 minutes next time. They have a lot of flavor and just enough spice for munching on naked or dipping in your favorite sauce.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS