29 November 2013

Cheesy Spaghetti Squash & Zucchini Tomato Bake

I just threw this together myself - didn't have a recipe... but it's pretty simple, and pretty DELICIOUS! After our amazing Thanksgiving feasts yesterday, I felt like I definitely needed a veggie dinner tonight. I had two zucchini I needed to use, plus some tomatoes, and a spaghetti squash... so I just combined it into something that turned out very, very tasty! Will thought this was awesome too. He thinks it should be in regular rotation.


1 large spaghetti squash
2 large zucchini (made into noodles using mandolin, or you could just cut it in chunks too)
3 tomatoes, sliced
1 c (or more) marinara sauce
1/2 c shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/2 c (plus a little extra) shredded Parm

Bake and prepare your spaghetti squash. To see how I do mine, see the recipe for the "Mac & Cheese" Spaghetti Squash.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash strands in a large bowl. Stir in marinara sauce. In a sprayed 9x13" baking dish, layer tomato slices (I used six), then sprinkle shredded Parmesan over tomatoes. Pour spaghetti squash & zucchini noodles with marina over tomatoes. Layer with six more tomato slices. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese around the tomatoes, and then some Parmesan cheese on top of each tomato. Bake for 15 min, then broil on high for a couple minutes to brown the cheese. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS