22 February 2015

Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing

This is one of those recipes where I wish Will could tell you how awesome it is. I made a HUGE bowl of this stuff. He ate the entire thing, except for my bowl I had with dinner. I am going to have to make this pretty frequently... I can tell.



2 large bunches curly kale, center ribs discarded, very thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups)
1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper
2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
1/4 c salted peanuts
2 tbsp packed light-brown sugar
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 c salted peanuts

Toss 2 large bunches curly kale, center ribs discarded, very thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups); 1 bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise; and 2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise, in a large bowl. I used matchstick carrots & pulsed a few seconds in the food processor.

Puree 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup cider 
vinegar, 1/4 cup salted peanuts, 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt in a blender until smooth. Pour dressing over vegetables just before serving. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS