15 March 2012

Slow-Cooker Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie

This recipe came to me via Pinterest, from Betty Crocker. You put it all over biscuits, hence the upside-down part. Some of the reviews said it was a little bland, so I used fresh onions instead of dried and also added several seasonings.  This is so easy and really good. I mean, who doesn't love biscuits?


boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bay leaf
garlic salt, salt, and pepper
chicken seasonings
1 can chicken gravy
1 can red-fat cream of chicken soup
1 c chopped onion
2 celery stalks, cut into slices
1 bag frozen mixed veggies
biscuits (I used the frozen ones, way better than canned!)

Place chicken in the slow-cooker and the add bay leaf. Sprinkle chicken seasoning (I had Emeril's Original Essence or something), garlic salt, salt, and pepper over chicken. Not sure how much I used, but I used plenty. Mix together gravy and cream of chicken soup, then stir in chopped onion, and frozen veggies . Pour over chicken, and sprinkle sliced celery on top. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Serve over biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS