12 August 2013

Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"

Let me start by saying I did not tell Will these were not regular mashed potatoes. Not because he wouldn't have eaten them, but because I wanted to see if all the comments on the recipe were true - if he wouldn't be able to tell the difference. HE COULD NOT. He was saying "These potatoes are really good" and things similar. I told him when he was finished and he could not believe those were made out of only cauliflower.

I am a carb lover, and let me say I would eat these over mashed potatoes ANY DAY. They are creamy and delicious.



1 head of cauliflower
1 tbsp lite cream cheese (I used a Laughing Cow wedge)
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Chives for garnish

Wash and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Boil in a pot of water for about 10-15 minutes or until soft and cooked. Drain and dry using paper towels. Immediately place in food processor or blender. You do not want the cauliflower to cool. Puree the cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.  Sprinkle the top with chives and a few dashes of pepper. Serve! It's amazing. For real.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS