07 January 2013

Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli

Anyone that really knows me knows I LOVE Chinese food. Always have. It's my thing. I have made a few Chinese take-out inspired dishes over the last couple years. They've been delicious (yes, they are on my blog - I linked them at the bottom of this post)... but I have never tried to make my all time favorite dish: BEEF AND BROCCOLI.

Well, today I did. I can't believe it... it is seriously like the take-out I get from Chi's Chinese Cusine on almost a weekly basis.

Anyway, If you're a B&B fan, you MUST make this dish. Not even an option.



2 lb beef, thinly sliced  (flank steak is ideal, but any cut will work)
1 can beef broth
1/2 c lite soy sauce
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 bag frozen broccoli florets or 2 cups fresh broccoli (I had more like 3-4 c)
2 cups white or brown rice

In a bowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic. Gently place your slices of beef in the crock pot and pour sauce over beef. Cover and cook on Low 6 hours. When done, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and cooking liquid to create a slurry, pour into crock pot, stir to mix well. I put my raw broccoli in at this point. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes to thicken up the sauce and cook the broccoli. Serve over rice!

Other tasty Chinese recipes I've tried:

Chinese Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry


Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS