03 January 2013

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas

These are so good and healthy for you. Tons of fiber and protein for not too many calories. These will need to be my new munch food. They are so crispy and filling. The website I saw this on shows four different ways to season the chickpeas: Sesame Soy (which I would have done if I had sesame oil), Honey Cinnamon, Garlic Parmesan, and Smoky Spice Blend. I will have to try the other 3 at some point for sure.


1 can chickpeas (or however many for the amount you want to make)
olive oil spray (or reg olive oil)
1 tbsp grated Parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
sprinkle of salt & pepper

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Drain and rinse chickpeas and lay them on a paper towel to dry. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and move chickpeas to cookie sheet when dry. I let mine dry on a towel for about 10 minutes. Bake 45 min - 1 hour. I checked mine at 45 min and they weren't completely crispy yet. If they are even a little soft in the middle keep baking. When they are finished, immediately spray with olive oil and toss with cheese & seasonings.

Original website found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS