30 May 2012

Slow-Cooker Cubed Steak and Gravy

I have never cooked with cubed steak before, but this recipe said it would make "this tough cut of meat melt in your mouth." So when I went to the store, right next to the cubed steak was something that looked exactly the same, but sirloin. I think the label said top round sirloin tenderized. So I got that, only because it looked a little better. But anyway, this recipe would be good with either I'm sure. Yum!!


1 lb cubed steak
flour for breading
3 tbsp canola oil
1/2 c diced onions
1 c sliced mushrooms
3 c water, divided
3 envelopes of gravy (I used brown, onion, and mushroom)

Heat oil in a large pan. Roll cubed steak in flour. Brown steak on both sides. You don't have to cook it completely, just sear it. Put onions in the crock pot, followed by the steak, and then the mushrooms. Cover this with 2 cups of water. Cook on Low 8 hours. Half an hour before serving, mix the 3 gravy packs with 1 c of water and add to crock pot. Let cook 30 more min until the gravy has thickened. Fix with mashed potatoes!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS