31 May 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries with Sriracha Lime Mayo

These were amazing. I feel like I need to make them once a week. I guess I could since my mom has an abundance of zucchini in her garden. We really liked the kick the hot Sriracha gave the sauce. Must try!!


Fries:
zucchini (I had about 8 small ones)
2 tbsp flour
2 eggs
1 tbsp water
1 c Panko bread crumbs
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt, garlic powder, each
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Mayo:
6 tbsp lite mayo
3 tsp Sriracha sauce
2 tsp lime juice

Depending on the size of your zucchini, you can cut it length-wise into quarters. I also cut some in half first and then cut the halves into quarters. Doesn't really matter... delicious either way.

Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top of it. In one bowl, mix Panko, cheese, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. In a diffent bowl, whisk together 2 eggs with 1 tbsp water. Put all your zucchini pieces into a big ziploc and sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour in. Seal bag and shake, coating all the zucchini.

One at a time, dip each flour-covered fry into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture. Carefully place on wire rack. Do this with remaining zucchini, then bake for 20 min. To make the sauce, just mix all ingredients together!


Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS