17 June 2015

Zucchini & Squash Oven Chips

I actually thought I posted this recipe a looong time ago when I first made it. As it turns out, I do have another zucchini/squash oven chip recipe... but it's not the same one. Those are kind of breaded with Parmesan and Panko, and they are delicious... but..... these aren't breaded at all and practically zero calories! So anyway, I added the word "breaded" to the other recipe, and I'm just calling this one Zucchini & Squash Oven Chips.



squash/zucchini (however much you want to make)

Generally, you'll need 1 baking sheet per zucchini/squash.

Cut your zucchini/squash very thin. You can use a mandolin blade, but I find I can actually slice them thinner than that myself. So whatever works for you.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Lay chips flat on sheet touching each other - they'll shrink when baking. Spray olive oil over the top and sprinkle with a little salt & pepper. Bake 20-30 min.

You will really need to stand there and watch for the last 10 min or so. Since I sliced mine by hand, they weren't all the exact same thickness, so they finished at different times. I started pulling the thinnest off the sheet at about 20 min, and left some on until the 30 min mark, even 35 min. Pull them off the sheet and let them cool right as they start to brown and get crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS