18 January 2015

Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal

I am so excited to share this recipe. DELICIOUS... and guess what? Only 80 calories per muffin!! Craziness. You could even make a bunch on the weekend, store in an airtight container in the fridge, then heat and eat throughout the week.

Ok, so this recipe called for flax eggs... or flax egg replacements. So I did some googling and figured out what that was. I bought a bag of whole ground flaxmeal. Apparently, you can use this in baking as a replacement for eggs. You use 1 tbsp of the flaxmeal and 3 tbsp water to equal 1 egg. Mix the flaxmeal & water, let it sit 5 minutes, then just use it in baking like you would an egg. It's got lots of fiber & good stuff. Just google it to find out more!



2 1/2 c rolled oats1/4 c sliced almonds
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c dried pineapples
2 tbsp coconut oil (measure after melting) (didn't have, so I used 1 tbsp EVOO)
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c maple syrup (I used sugar-free)
1 cup carrots (shredded) (bought matchstick carrots, then put them through the food processor)
2 flax eggs (I used flax egg replacements, which is the whole ground flaxseed meal & water I mentioned above)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowlMix wet in another. Add dry to wet and mix until combined. Spoon mixture into lined muffin pans. You should get 12 standard-size muffins. I started out by spooning 1/4 c into each liner, then went back and added to each one to make them even. I baked mine for about 18 minutes. I would start checking on them around 12 minutes. Let cool, remove from liners, and enjoy!!! 
Original recipe found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS