10 February 2014

Soy Sesame & Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts

So I am not the biggest Brussels sprouts fan. My mom really likes them, she made them when I was growing up, and I ate them. I mean... they're an okay veggie. Until tonight I had never cooked them and there is not one other blog post involving Brussels sprouts on this blog.

I saw this recipe for these on Pinterest, and the picture just looked so good I had to try it out. I had to wait for a night Will wasn't here - he refuses to eat Brussels sprouts... and sweet potatoes... so that would be why I had both of those items tonight (see below). He had to fly to Houston a day early because of the possible weather tomorrow. Booo!!





1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and  sliced in half
1 tbsp fresh ginger 
(I use the kind in the tube)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp veg oil
2 tbsp lite soy sauce
red pepper flakes
sesame seeds
¼ c chicken broth or white wine
¼ c honey

In a large sautĂ© pan, over medium to medium high heat, add both sesame and veg oil, the grated ginger, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Once oils are heated and ginger starts to bubble, add the Brussels sprouts.Shake pan to distribute Brussels sprouts and add soy sauce.

Cook for about 10 minutes. Once the Brussels sprouts begin to caramelize, you can de-glaze the pan with your broth or white wine…just need a splash. Cook another 2-3 minutes, shaking pan a few times. Add honey and a few sprinkle of sesame seeds, cook another 2-3 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender and tasty! Enjoy!

Original recipe found here.


I made the Brussels sprouts with baked sweet potato fries, and baby portobellos with Laughing Cow cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS