16 April 2014

Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Sauce

I know I haven't been posting many new recipes... but I have been cooking - all the time!! Just not new things. But I finally tried out some new recipes and I am catching up on posting them now.

I am obsessed with the shrimp tacos from El Porton. They are amazing. I've been wanting to replicate them, but I kinda had a thing about cooking with shrimp... didn't really do it or know what to do. I decided to branch out and my mom helped. These were delicious and easy! Highly recommend.



8 small tortillas (used 60 cal ones)
32 large shrimp/prawns
1 avocado, diced
1/2 bag cole slaw, mixed with cole slaw dressing
 handful of fresh cilantro
1/2 c plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 chipotles en adobo
2 garlic cloves
cumin
chili powder
Using a food processor, add the yogurt, chipotle en adobo, garlic and cumin and blend until smooth and put aside. Toss shrimp with some chili powder and cumin. Heat a little oil in a pan and add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes (depending on if they are raw or not). Make your taco however you'd like!
Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS