28 January 2014

Zucchini Pancakes

Awesome recipe from Skinnytaste! These have great flavor. I could easily eat the entire batch myself. The recipe doesn't call for it, but I like to put just a bit of light sour cream on top of the pancakes!


2 medium zucchini, grated (I use the attachment on my mandolin)
2 shallots, finely chopped
1/4 c fresh chives
1/4 c parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
6-8 tbsp whole wheat flour
kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
olive oil spray


Grate zucchini using the large holes of a cheese grater and place in a large bowl. I used the same mandolin attachment I use to make zucchini noodles. But instead of lengthwise - I grate the zucchini through the other way so the strands will be short. (That may not make sense...) Anyway, then add flour, shallots, garlic, parsley, chives, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray oil to cover pan. Drop tablespoons of the batter into the skillet. Cook about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm. Spray more oil in the skillet as needed, and continue with remaining batter. Makes about 20 small pancakes. (My pancakes were a little bigger and I got 14 pancakes.)

Original recipe found here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS