24 April 2013

Meatballs Stroganoff

Oh YUM!!  This is really easy and so tasty. It does call for heavy cream... which I rarely cook with, but it's SO worth it! I also read that you can substitute it for cream cheese if you wanted to, but seriously... make it with the cream. Also, the website this recipe came from did not have specific amounts and instructions, so I'm going to do my best.


1 bag frozen turkey meatballs (I used a little more than half the bag, enough to cover my pan)
2 c beef broth
salt/pepper
1 1/2 tsp each, dried herbs (parsley, oregano, basil)
2/3 c red-fat sour cream
1 c heavy whipping cream
wide egg noodles (I used a little more than half of a 16 oz bag)

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Also get your water going for the noodles. Cook according to package directions. Once the skillet/oil are hot, add meatballs and brown, about 5 minutes. Add 2 c beef broth and all your herbs, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and then simmer about 10 minutes, until broth starts to reduce. Add sour cream and cream. Add cooked noodles and let simmer about 5-10 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool about 5 min. The sauce will thicken and be delicious and creamy. Enjoy!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS