06 July 2012

Roasted Okra

I knew by reading the reviews on the original recipe page that this was going to be amazing. People were even saying this is better than fried okra. It's pretty awesome. I also tried an oven "fried" okra last week, which was also amazing. I love both okra recipes, but this one doesn't require as much prep time!

Only bad thing is, okra shrinks up! I used 23 okra things and it ended up being enough for me and Will to each have a good serving. But I want bigger servings! We want to be able to eat bowls of this. So I have requested double (or three times) the amount of okra for next time. :)


20 fresh okra pods, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt/pepper, each
2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put sliced okra in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and toss. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, toss. Cover a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray, and place okra on sheet. Bake 20-25 min until okra is a little crispy. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS