11 July 2012

Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

Oh these were awesome! These meatballs were so juicy, and who wouldn't love ooey-gooey mozzarella inside?! I found this recipe for "Incredible" meatballs on Pinterest. I used that recipe, but just put a chunk of mozzarella in the middle.

I had wanted to serve this over spaghetti squash. I have never tried it and bought one... I was going to make it for the first time. Turns out... I accidentally bought a butternut squash.. duh. So, instead of low-carb spaghetti squash, I just used linguine. We put my mom's homemade tomato sauce on the linguine and some of the meatballs, but really the meatballs are amazing on their own! Also had roasted okra... and yes, I had double the amount this time!


1 lb lean ground beef
2 eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup non-fat milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 small onion, minced or grated (About 1/2 c)
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 c minced fresh basil

block of mozzarella cheese (part-skim), cut into chunks (About 1 inch by 1 inch) 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine everything except mozzarella in a large bowl. With clean hands, mix it all together. Grab a handful of the meat mixture, kind of flatten it out a little, and then roll it around the cheese. But you can also make these smaller than I did if you'd like. Spray a glass baking dish with olive oil spray, and place meatballs into the dish. Spray meatballs quickly with olive oil spray. Bake for about 30 minutes. Mmm, mmm, good!


Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS