17 June 2013

Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes

These were so good! It had been forever since I made twice baked potatoes. I like them because you can make them ahead and get them all ready, then just put them in the oven when you're ready. These were delicious!

Also, this recipe called for 4 potatoes. I used 8, but I really did not double the ingredients. I did use 2 cups of cheese, but the bacon, sour cream, butter, milk, and green onions all stayed the same. I didn't want it to have too much sour cream or milk, so I figured I could add more if I needed it, but it was perfect the way it is below.



4 large baking potatoes
8 slices bacon (I just bought real bacon bits)
1 c sour cream
1/4 to 1/2 c milk (I used 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk)
4 tbsp lite butter
1/2 teaspoon salt/pepper, each
1 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
8 green onions, sliced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour (mine ended up being in there 1 hr 20 min). You can just microwave the potatoes instead because it is way faster and they taste just as good. About three minutes per potato, just check for tenderness. So if you are cooking 4 potatoes in the microwave you will need to cook them for at least 12 minutes. Make sure to poke holes in the potatoes with a fork before microwaving so that they don't explode.

When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise (I didn't cut mine in half, I used whole potatoes and just cut the top part off) and scoop the flesh into a large bowl leaving about 1/4 inch of flesh so the potato maintains it's shape; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, the green onions, and milk. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato.

Bake for another 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle cheese on top of potatoes and broil for just a few minutes. Mmm!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS