26 November 2014

Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches

I've been making these freezer breakfast sandwiches since August 2013. I swear I had these everyday during the 2013-2014 school year. I STILL eat them every school day... well, except for the days I don't use self-control and go to Starbucks... but hey, I get the reduced-fat turkey bacon breakfast sandwich there anyway!

I have been asked SO many times for my recipe, and for some reason I never posted it. I always directed people to the JessFuel site, which is where I got the recipe from. But of course I've tweaked it and tried different meats, all of which are delicious!

I usually make 6 at a time, only because the English muffins come in packs of 6. But I've done 12 at a time when I make them for Will too!

With turkey sausage patties...




With turkey bacon...




English muffins (Thomas' Light/High Fiber)
Kraft Singles 2% Sharp Cheddar slices
eggs
Meat of choice - I've used turkey sausage patties, ham, turkey bacon - all delicious)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray ramekins with cooking spray and crack one egg into each ramekin. Use a knife to gently pierce the yolk. Bake for about 12-14 minutes, or until eggs are cooked. Let cool a little and remove from ramekins... they should fall right out if you used cooking spray. I have forgotten the cooking spray before... and it was a problem.

Cut your English muffins in half and lay out. Use 1 slice of cheese on each muffin. I fold the slice into fourths. On top of the cheese, put your meat. If using turkey bacon, cook it, then break each slice into thirds and place on cheese. If you use ham sandwich meat, just lay it on top, and if you use a turkey sausage patty, just lay it on top as well.

Top with the egg, then the top of the muffin. Wrap each breakfast sandwich in plastic wrap well. I put the wrapped sandwiches into a large Ziploc bag and let freeze.

To heat up, you'll just have to experiment with your microwave. Remove plastic wrap and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave on one side for 45-55 seconds, flip, then microwave the other side for another 45-55 seconds.

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS