11 October 2014

Green Curry Lentils & Sweet Potatoes (Crock Pot!)

First new post in over 2 months! It's been... we'll just say "busy" since school started.

I am really into slow-cooker dishes at the moment. I've had the ingredients for this recipe for a while, but never an opportunity to make it. Will won't eat sweet potatoes. He'd probably really like the lentils though. He's out of town, so I decided to make it today.

I wish I had the fresh spinach to stir in at the end, but I didn't. Next time I make this, I'll be sure to have it. BUT I did have my mom's sweet potatoes and onions for this!



1½ c green lentils (rinsed)
4 c vegetable broth
1 onion (diced)
2 small sweet potatoes (cut into large chunks)
4 tbsp Green Curry Paste (I used this one)
2 c fresh Spinach (I did not have any spinach)
salt (to taste)
Optional toppings: Coconut milk and fresh lime juice

To the bowl of a crock pot add the lentils, broth, onion, sweet potatoes, and curry paste. Turn the crock pot to high and cook for about 3½ hours, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the lentils are tender. I cooked mine on Low about 6-7 hours. When the lentils are done, stir in the spinach, if you have it! Taste and add salt as needed. Top with some coconut milk and/or a squeeze of fresh lime. Dish up and enjoy!!

Original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS